We are an established, 20+ year old society for amateur golfers, in fact we will be 25 in 2024! We exist for members to play competitive golf in a fun, friendly and fair manner according to the rules. We welcome and support players to gain their initial handicaps. We believe our Londoner Way helps our members enjoy their golf and get the most out of our events.
We play our regular competitions (Medal and Stableford) at golf courses in and around Bangkok, every second and fourth Saturday of the month. We have three Away Weekends each year for our major competitions, an annual Match Play competition and several inter-society matches.
Our generous sponsors provide prizes for each competition and we encourage you to support them. Our customisable club shirts are very popular and help to create a sense of community.
Membership provides organised Saturday golf competitions at popular Bangkok courses, managed handicaps, annual competitions and our Londoner Christmas Dinner and Awards, a favourite within the society.
Interested in joining? Drop us a line at email@example.com or complete the Subscribe process using the button (note for existing members, subscribing on the website is a way that you can have access to non-public content - there isn't any right now but we may make some in the future).
THE LONDONER WAY
- Members are welcome to invite guests to our events. The member will play with and have responsibility for their guest on the day.
- Groupings are arranged to allow everybody to golf with a wide variety of members. Requests for groupings are discouraged. We group players in a society way, i.e. anyone can, and will, be grouped with anyone. The startsheet groupings are sent on email and are available on True Handicap before events.
- By default we play the course as we find it and the ball as it lies. A decision will be made before each competition if Preferred Lies will be in operation.
- We do not use drop zones unless otherwise stated.
- Players are responsible for knowing the rules of golf, Londoner local rules and local rules of the course. If you are unsure about a situation, check with your playing partner to avoid misunderstandings and disputes.
- Players and markers should not be put under undue pressure to agree to an interpretation of a situation. If in doubt a player should play 2 balls. Check with the committee after the round for a ruling on which interpretation of the situation is applicable, before signing your scorecard.
- We will always try and find the most equitable solution to a challenge e.g., when reaching a ruling conclusion or deciding on eligibility for a competition.
Local Rules (updated February 2023)
Order of Precedence of rules (Highest to Lowest)
1. R&A Rules of Golf
2. Londoner Golf Club Local Rules
3. Course Local Rules
- Bangpakong Riverside Hole #3 - Advertising hoarding protecting drinks hut. Free relief allowed.
- Free relief is available for dangerous situations due to an animal hazard.
- No penalties will be applied due to caddies marking balls on the green without consent.
- Relief on opposite side of red penalty area: When a player's ball is in or last crossed the edge of a red penalty area the player may also drop the ball on the opposite side of the penalty area in addition to the normal options.
- Vintage Hole #2 - The penalty is a Red Penalty Area even though it has previously been marked as Yellow.
- Vintage Hole #13 - The drop zone on Hole 13 is available for use. It can be used if your ball ends up in the vegetation between the tee box and the red penalty area.
Rationale for Local Rules
- Rationale for our Local Rule about Dangerous situations due to animal hazards. In general, it is rare that a player's ball lies in a place that is dangerous to the player. However, this situation could occur. Therefore, we take the position that:
It is unreasonable to expect the player to play from a dangerous situation, such as near a live snake, a bees’ nest or red ants’ nest (i.e., not a single ant) and unfair to require the player to incur a penalty. With respect to red ants, if in doubt if the situation qualifies, follow the guidance in the undue pressure item above by playing 2 balls and take photos to help with the ruling.